- Functional genomics of childhood leukaemia and application for precision medicine
- Therapeutic antibodies and small molecule inhibitors for childhood leukaemia
- Molecular mechanisms of haematopoietic stem cell transplantation
- Studying the diagnostic and clinical utility of genome sequencing for genetic diagnosis of children with rare diseases including retinoblastoma.
- Development of advanced bioinformatic analysis pipelines and in-house database for the analysis of disease-causing copy number variants, structural rearrangements and single nucleotide variants.
- Translation and implementation of genome sequencing into the clinical practice
- The Mitochondria@HeartHK laboratory focuses on modulation of cardiac mitochondrial dynamics to protect the heart against cardiovascular diseases.
- The team also investigates the role of mitochondrial dynamics in the formation of the early developing heart.
Our research is patient orientated. We are committed to research of paediatric eye diseases at the highest standard and using state-of-the-art technologies. We conduct clinical research, laboratory based basic research and community research.
Our research focus on the molecular mechanism underlying the stem cell maintenance and differentiation as well as genome editing technology and platforms for gene and cell-based therapy. Research interests include the discovery of novel regulators for the maintenance and reinstatement of stem cell identity, as well as developing new technologies and molecular tools to promote stem cell research as well as gene and cell-based therapy to treat untreatable diseases.
Multi-disciplinary Respiratory Research
- Emerging respiratory infectious disease and Virology,
- Cilia biology,
- Respiratory epithelial organoid and its application in translational medicine